Currently on a mission to contribute to the biggest and best entertainment that the industry has to offer.
- Text-based and C-style scripting
- Entity-based and visual scripting
- Experience with multiple engines, content creation pipelines, and 3D editors from Maya to Quake Engine Radiant-based editors
- AI design on paper as well as and implementation in game
- Level, mission, and encounter design and implementation
- Level planning, layout, and geometry creation
Treyarch | Game Designer - 2011 to Present
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare:
Singleplayer mission, encounter, level, and combat design on campaign missions. This includes owning the design of mission events (cinematic and combat) scripting systems and encounters in a C-style scripting language, as well as designing, implementing, and tuning AI behaviors.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3:
Worked with design and creative management as well as multiple disciplines to design 1-4 player coop campaign missions, combat encounters, special case game mechanics, and AI behaviors as well as script implementation in our scripting language and level editor and coop encounter, level, and combat encounter design and script implementation on Zombies coop game mode.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2:
Worked with level teams and Creative Director to design singpleplayer campaign missions, in game cinematic scenes, combat encounters, special case game mechanics, and AI behaviors as well as implementation in our level editor and scripting language. This includes Zombies coop game mode scripting and design as well as writing game-wide systems scripts.
Freelance | Designer - 2011
Various Undisclosed Projects:
Wrote design pitches and specs and prototyped functionality in Source Engine, UDK (Unreal), and Quake 3 Radiant for various clients remotely.
- Created pitches an design documents using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Sketchup
- Created world geometry and scripts using Unreal Engine, Source Engine, and Quake 3 Engine
Griptonite Games | Designer - 2010 to 2011
Kung Fu Panda 2:
Worked closely with design lead, environment artists, and animators on multiple levels and boss encounters, taking them from initial concept to paper design through ship using proprietary level editor, visual and Lua-based scripting system, and Maya. This includes working with environment artists off-site.
- Level planning and design document creating in Visio
- Level layout and rough geometry creation in Maya
- Design and implentation of puzzles, combat encounters, boss encounters, and in-game cinematic squences in Maya and proprietary level editor
- Camera setup, design, and implementation using spline and volume-based systems